Friday, October 5, 2012

I've got one word for you....WICKED

We went and saw Wicked last Saturday at the Smith Center.
IT WAS SO FABULOUS. The whole time we were watching it, (it was 3 full hours!) I just couldn't believe I was finally seeing it! I feel like Sept 29th took forever to get here and I was thankful Eric could be with us. He's supposed to be in Afghanistan but because of his eye condition, he was there sitting next to me. He even traded seats with me when a super tall dude sat down right in front of me. What a guy! And right before intermission, as Elphaba is singing "Defying Gravity", and I'm balling like a baby, and have no kleenex because I didn't know I would cry, my sweet, darling dearest sister, who was sitting next to me, says as loud as she can "ARE YOU CRYING, WAIT, YOU'RE CRYING? YOU'RE REALLY CRYING? WHY ARE YOU CRYING??" And then everyone in 2 rows ahead of us turns around and looks at me. (Cue my face turning bright red and hot) Thanks sis! Yes, i was crying because it was a really sad part and I have emotions and a heart by golly! But my mom who was with us says to me "I cried too!" and then I felt not so red and hot in the face. But I guess that's what big sister's are for...to embarress their little sister's right?? right? Anyway, the musical is amazing and if you haven't seen it...GO. It's worth every red cent.


2 comments:

andrea said...

I drove down and saw it with my mom & sisters on the same night! We all loved it, some of the group saw it before. I recommend it to everyone!

Ber said...

Too bad we didn't see each other! That would have been fun :)