Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hip hip, how do you spell horray?

I haven't blogged in a while because, well, I couldn't type. That's what will happen when you have your hand sliced open and your carpal tunnel snipped. Then my fingers swelled so big i couldn't move them and I was SURE they were going to explode. Lucky for me, they didn't.
Did the carpal tunnel surgery work?
Not sure yet, still in recovery. My scar is pretty gnarly. Eric calls me Frankenber, get it? Half Frankenstein, half Ber, because Ber is the last half of my name...okay, I probably didn't need to explain that, but I'm so happy to be able to type again, I'll type anything! I'm also glad to be able to get some exercise in too. For what felt like forever, i couldn't put my arm down lower than my heart, or the whole hand got mad at me at threatened to explode. There are way better, less invasive ways to perform carpal tunnel surgery these days, but I had my surgery done on the Air Force Base and the military, well, they be kickin it old school when it comes to doing carpal tunnel surgeries. It was rough and painful, but I survived! BUT, if I have to have the other hand done, I am soooo going somewhere else to have it done! No thanks to going thru this twice!
I have so much to say!
Like::::
Eric got promoted to a Tech Sergeant in January, so proud of my Airman!
At the ceremony, they do this thing where whichever squadron shows the 'most spirit' or as I like to say, is the loudest and most obnoxious, (but that's coming from a mother who has a child with autism), then they win the spirit stick. Needless to say there was a squadron at the ceremony that had a bull horn, a fog horn and every other horn put together to make the loudest, horrible-ist sound a person can hear. Eric knew that squadron was going to have that contraption there and asked the lady in charge of the ceremony before it started if they could not use it because we knew it would be hard on Chase, and the lady couldn't have cared less. She didn't 'have' to care about things like that anymore because the base has a new Base Commander and the old Base Commander had a son with autism so everyone would make accommodations, and basically since that guy was gone now, it didn't matter anymore. So we prepared Chase with plenty of our hands to cover his ears and hankies and kleenex's to muffle the sound as much as he could and Chase did great. There was a women in front of us that was so loud, she was almost worse than the horn.
Allie and I got to go up when it was Eric's turn and punch him in the arm with his new stripe on his sleeve. It was fun! I love that Allie's old enough to do that with me now.
Eric with his cute Grandma :)

For Valentine's Day, we had a romantic dinner....at Panda Express, and it was glorious!
(Allie's home made valentines)

These were Chaser's, I burned my fingers a million times hot gluing on the super hero mask.

And last month, Eric turned 30-something. I can't ever remember which 30 something it is! Is that bad?!?!
Really wish I had shut the laundry room door before taking this pic...

On St. Patrick's Day, we had a celebration breakfast. Even though St Patrick was not Irish, and in fact, from Britain, I still claim St Patricks day as my holiday. My mom's father immigrated to America from Ireland in the 1930's, and this is where I get my cotton ball white sensitive skin and glorious freckles from. Joy.
We made a St Patty's Day breakfast and invited Eric's mom and my sister and her son, and as a bonus, Chase's ABA therapist Cambria was scheduled to come so she too got to partake in the goodness!




Eric forgot to make the eggs green! Grrrr...that's my Irish Temper talking!

And lastly, who says you can't have a snow day if you live in Las Vegas!! You just gotta go to Utah for it....here's our trip up to Cedar City for a snow day on President's Day weekend! My parents have an awesome tube run on their property, so when it snows, we like to take full advantage!
 Ready to go!



Our snowman

 You can tell my nephew here really likes to have his picture taken.


 The Fam




We linked up and went down together and I slammed my elbow on a boulder-like rock and took it like a man!


And my handsome hubby helping my parents quilt on their "Australia" quilt from their mission. Have I mentioned how happy we are that they are home!?!!!

No comments: